|Location||Hawk's Well Theatre|
PROPEL AWARD 2023 CALL OUT
Artist Development Programme
2023 will see the delivery of cycle 3 of the PROPEL Artist Development Programme. A newly established artist support initiative that utilizes the networks existing infrastructure, resources, and wider network partnerships to support the sustainable development of independent theatre makers working within the Irish theatre sector. The programme is delivered over three years, in three graduating cycles (early, mid, final). Supporting a maximum of three artists per year, over a three-year period. The aim of this programme is to strengthen the ecology of the Irish theatre sector by firstly supporting the development of new work by independent theatre makers, and secondly by supporting the long-term sustainable development of artists through capacity building and strategic professional development.
· Year 1 - €20,000 bursary to support the ‘early stage’ of development of artistic practice and professional strategic development.
· Year 2 - €10,000 bursary to support the ‘mid stage’ development of artistic practice and professional strategic development.
· Year 3 - €5,000 bursary to support the ‘final stage’ of development of artistic practice and professional strategic development.
· Access to development and rehearsal spaces in 10 Arts Centres across the country.
· Support and mentorship from a panel of experts in producing, fundraising, technical production, marketing, finance, cultural entrepreneurship, audience development and engagement, and strategic business development and management.
· An opportunity to present a work-in-progress performance or showing as part of a major festival.
The application process for the programme has been divided into two stages:
Stage 1: A short from application process (Closing date Tuesday 2nd May 2023 5pm)
Stage 2: Long form application process for artists/companies that have been shortlisted during stage 1 and have been requested by the selection panel to submit a more detailed proposal. Artists/Companies who are not strategically funded will be paid a fee of €100 to complete the stage two application.
The following application is for stage one of this process only.
Please note that the closing date for receipt of your stage 1 application is Tuesday 2nd May 2023, 5pm. Those who have been selected to submit a long form application with be requested to do so on or before Friday the 26th of May 2023.
Please note in order to complete this application you will need to attach the following documentation -
Artist CV, BIO and/or Statement (max 4 pages, in pdf or word format and less the 1mb)
Example of previous work (A single PDF or Word document with images and/or links to example of previous work, max 4 pages and no more than 10MB in size)
We hope that by offering two different options for completing the main section of this application, via both text and video, that we have managed to make this application process as accessible as possible (see section 2.1 & 2.2). If you require further reasonable adjustment or additional support in completing this application please contact Alex Rosiak at email@example.com
To apply please click here to complete the digital application.
The Hawk's Well Theatre is proud to be a member of Strollers Network with Belltable, Draiocht Blanchardstown, Linenhall Arts Centre, Riverbank Arts Centre, Siamsa Tire, Solstice Arts Centre, The Source Arts Centre, VISUAL Centre for Contemporary Art and Watergate Theatre.
Strollers Network is kindly supported by Arts Council Ireland.