We are working to reduce our environmental impact and become a more sustainable theatre.
We are committed to becoming an eco-friendly venue and are working to ensure that we operate in a sustainable way, minimising waste and adhering to best practice.
We are one of seven venues involved in the Greening Venues Theatre Forum Pilot Project. The aim of this pilot is to reduce the carbon footprint of arts centres and venues in Ireland by addressing issues such as energy usage, waste management, biodiversity, and water usage.
Areas that have already been addressed at the theatre include:
- Electricity usage through updates of building lighting to LED and investment in new LED stage lights.
- Heating usage through the installation of zoned heating controls and upgrade of exit doors.
- Waste reduction by the procurement of sustainable products in our bar and review of waste management systems to reduce waste to landfill.
- Materials usage by reviewing all marketing material and testing alternative methods to traditional print as well as becoming a ticketless venue.
- Reusing and recycling theatre equipment and ensuring all equipment purchased is energy efficient.
- Ensuring that processes and practices used in creating arts activity are environmentally sustainable and have the lowest carbon footprint possible.
- Theatre renovation design adopting energy efficient building design and materials.
- Development of our Environmental Policy and Action plan.
We are committed to becoming an accessible venue and strive to make our venue welcoming to all.