Personal Information We Collect About You
We receive personal information about you that you give to us, that we collect from your visits to our theatre, website, and social media pages and that we obtain from other sources. We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
What Do We Collect?
- Your name, title and contact details (email address, telephone number, postal address);
- Any information you include in correspondence you send to us or in forms you submit to us at our theatre or when using our website or social media pages;
- Details ofyour orders and purchases;
- Your marketing preferences;
- The opinions and other information you provide when responding to customer surveys and feedback;
- Any personal information included in your entries to competitions that we run;
- Details of any transactions between you and us;
- Your payment card details and, in relation to certain refunds, your bank account details;
- The frequency of your use of vouchers, promotional codes and gift vouchers;
- Details of your use of our website namely traffic data, weblogs and statistical data, including where and when you clicked on certain parts of our website and details of the webpage from which you visited it;
- The date and time you used our website;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
- Thewebsite address from which you accessed our website;
- If we have asked for it, details regarding when you consented to receive marketing communications from us;
- Cookie, pixels and beacon identification information;
How We Collect Information
Your data is collected in the following ways:
- When you purchase a ticket (or tickets), merchandise, membership or gift voucher(s) through the Hawk’s WellBox Office or website, you enter a contract with us and your name, address, email and contact number will be stored in our Box Office system, Ticketsolve.
- We may be in touch to inform you of any changes to your purchase or cancelled performances. You may, of course, purchase a ticket (or tickets) in person without supplying the aforementioned personal data. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent.
When you sign up to our mailing list, your name, address, email and contact number (if submitted) will be stored in our Box Office system, Ticketsolve. Signing up lets us know that you want to receive information from the Hawk’s Well Theatre about upcoming events, announcements and offers. Once this data is stored in Ticketsolve, with your consent, it will be usedfor marketing and digital advertising purposes.
That means, we will communicate with you about various announcements, latest news, events and special offers.
If we request your consent and you give your consent, we may use your personal information to contact you by email, online or by post for marketing or digital marketing purposes.
This also means, we will communicate with you about various announcements, latest news, events and special offers.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please inform us by using the unsubscribe linkat the bottom of the ezine newsletter or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we keep your email address on our suppression list indefinitely to ensure that we comply with your wishes.
Your record on our database system holds the contact details you submitted to us, transactions you’ve made, a record of communications we would have sent to you, and whether or not you have given us permission to contact you and if so, what your preferred method of contact is.
Why We Collect Our Customers’ Data
Collecting data on our customers informs us on how best to communicate with you and inform you about events, and also to present you with special offers at the Hawk’s Well Theatre that we judge may be of interest to you based on your transaction history. This information helps the Hawk’s Well Theatre understand more about who our audiences are and what their preferences may be. This information helps us make decisions around the conduct of our business.
Disclosure of your personal information
We only disclose your personal information outside our business in limited circumstances. If we do, we will put in place a contract that requires recipients to protect your personal information, unless we are legally required to share that information. Any contractors or recipients that work for us will be obliged to follow our instructions. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your information to our third-party service providers, agents and subcontractors (Suppliers) for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf, including the operation and maintenance of our website, and social media pages.
When we use Suppliers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their services and only where we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
How Your Personal Data Is Kept Confidential
In order to protect your personal data and to maintain its quality we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data, such as credit card details. SSL encryption is designed to make the data unreadable by anyone but us.
We also have measures in place that limits the access to your information. Only those employees who need to come into contact with that data, to provide products and services to you, will do so. Our database system has high security measures in place and all activity on your record is password protected.
The Periods For Which We Retain Your Personal Information
We are obliged to retain certain information to ensure accuracy, to help maintain quality of service and for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
Other information will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained by us or as required or permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. For certain purposes we retain your personal information indefinitely (e.g. to supress marketing messages).
Security And Links To Other Websites
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures based on good industry practice to keep it secure. Hawk’s Well Theatre has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised Hawk’s Well staff are provided access to personally identifiable information and these employees have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Nonetheless, transmissions over the internet and to our website and our social media pages may not be completely secure, so please exercise caution. When accessing links to other websites, their privacy policies, not ours, will apply to your personal information.
We employ security measures to protect the personal information you provide to us, to prevent access by unauthorised persons and unlawfulprocessing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do everything possible to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information during its transmission to us online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we are at fault.
Cookies & Web Beacons
When you use the Hawk’s Well Theatre website information is received using cookies and web beacons about your visit. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They make it possible for us to provide our online ticketing service and track visitor statistics, such as returning visitors.
You can disable cookies on your computer by following the instructions outlined in your help function. However, you will be unable to purchase tickets or use any booking-related features once yourcookies are disabled.
For statistical and strategic planning purposes information generated from cookies and web beacons helps us to determine:
- The number of first time and repeat visits (this is identified by the IP address of your webserver)
- The traffic on our website, pages visited, and length of time spent on the website;
- The IP address of the user’s webserver
- The top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .net, .biz)
- The previous website address from which the user reached us, including anysearch criteria used
- The number of visits which shows the traffic of users around this website (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- The type of web browser used by the website user.
We are committed to becoming an accessible venue and strive to make our venue welcoming to all.