In MiddleTownLive Outdoor Event at Sligo Gaol
Tickets On Sale 10am, Thurs 15 July 2021
In MiddleTown is a remarkable new solo show, commissioned and produced by the Gate Theatre and written and performed by Irish Times Theatre Award winner Mikel Murfi (The Man in the Woman's Shoes, I Hear You and Rejoice).
Performed outdoors on the back of a specially adapted truck, and to strictly limited audiences, it will tour towns and communities across the island of Ireland this summer. Making his way to
Sligo, Mikel's final performance of this show will take place at Sligo Gaol.
Murfi plays a furniture removals man, in the middle of his life, living in the middle of a small town.
One day, instead of helping a neighbour move, he drives to his own house, packs up his 'life' onto the back of his truck, pulls the door behind him and never goes back.
The truck becomes his world, turning into places he thought he would never see or visit. He is a man moving on, neither here nor there, to both everywhere and nowhere.
In MiddleTown is a brilliantly imaginative, gentle reflection on 'living in the middle', and the search for solitude, simplicity, and the things that make us truly happy. It's a magical, timely, and heartfelt piece for the times we live in.
This summer, find yourself In MiddleTown...
Commissioned and Produced by the Gate Theatre
Important Event Information:
- The location of the outdoor venue is Sligo Gaol. Click here to view location on Google Maps.
- In accordance with government guidelines, capacity for In MiddleTown is limited. Strict social distancing will be in place and will be enforced.
- The outdoor auditorium will comprise of rows of seating pods. We would kindly request that all audience members wear face coverings at the outdoor venue until such time as you are in your designated pod. You are free to remove your face covering once seated, if you so wish.
- The performance will take place outdoors. We would ask all audience members to dress appropriately for the weather. Please check the forecast in advance and bring warm clothing and suitable footwear.
- To ensure that everyone can view the show clearly, guests are asked not to bring umbrellas to the event.
- You are welcome to bring a blanket with you or a cushion for your seat, but we would request that you do not bring any other large bags or rucksacks.
- In the event that severe weather is forecast, the venue will contact you in advance with updated event information. However, the performance will otherwise proceed rain or shine.
- No food or drink may be consumed during the performance and smoking is strictly prohibited.
- If you are feeling unwell or displaying symptoms, please remain at home and self-isolate. DO NOT attend the venue.
- Approx. Duration: 60mins (no interval)
Location: Sligo Gaol
Created & Performed by Mikel Murfi
Set & Costume Design: Sabine Dargent
Lighting Design: Sinéad Wallace
Sound Design: Sandra O’Mahony.