A Call From Sligo
Ahead of Saint Patrick's Day, you can nominate someone you know anywhere in the world (or even yourself!) to receive a call from Sligo from actor Nichola MacEvilly on Saint Patrick's Day.
Nichola will read from a selection of poems and prose written about Sligo. You can choose from the options below and book your choice online. Nichola will be calling using zoom or you can choose to receive a phone-call if zoom does not suit. If you wish to discuss your booking or have any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0871371018.
Please ensure that if you have booked on behalf of someone else that you tell the person you have booked for before the day of the call.
Poems and Prose Choices:
1. Rosses Point, a poem written by Dermot Healy. An Sruth Geal/The Bright Stream, a poem written by Eithne Hand.
2. Pat Spillane’s Aversion to the Black and White of Sligo, a poem written by Padraic Neary. An extract from ‘Constance’, a theatre production written by Kellie Hughes.
3. An extract from The People’s Poem, written for The Hawks Well Theatre by Brian Leyden. New Year (1926), a poem written by Eva Goore Booth.
4. An extract from the novel The Secret Scripture written by Sebastian Barry. My House, a poem written by Jessamine O’Connor.
5. An extract from Vanity Fair’s Kevin Barry: The Artist of the Quiet Places, written by Kevin Barry. Horses at Mullaghmore, a poem written by Nora McGillen.
6. Street Sibyl, a short story written by Una Mannion. Spangle, a poem written by Michael Gorman.
7. The poems The Song of Wandering Angus and The Fiddler of Dooney written by W.B.YEATS.
8. From the Complete Works of WB.Yeats, any two poems of your choice. (please put in comments which 2 poems)