At the Hawk’s Well we are committed to the governance and transparency requirements as outlined by the Arts Council of Ireland.
Our transparency scale is derived from The Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations (www.governancecode.ie) which is a code of practice, agreed in 2012, for good governance in the not-for-profit sector.
To find out more about our board of directors click here.
To see a copy of our audited accounts for 2016 click here.
Our commitment to comply with financial governance is guided by the Charities SORP (FRS 102). To see our most recent tax clearance certificate click here.
Our commitment to comply with the Irish Governance code:
- Company Registration No. 85990
- We are currently registered as on the 'adoption journey' towards full compliance with the Irish Governance code. We are working with our board of Directors to develop our strategies in-line with these principles and to identify any gaps and needs in this area.
Our commitment to comply with the Principles of Good Fundraising:
- The Hawk’s Well is a registered charity (Charity No. 17611). We have made a formal commitment to comply with the Principles of Good Fundraising through the ICTR regarding their Principles of Good Fundraising.
To read our Memorandum and Articles of Association click here.
Hawk’s Well Theatre’s Commitment to Fundraising Compliance
Hawk’s Well Theatre is fully committed to achieving the standards contained within the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising to ensure full accountability and transparency to all our donors.
The statement exists to:
• Improve fundraising practice
• Promote high levels of accountability and transparency by organisations fundraising from the public
• Provide clarity and assurances to donors and prospective donors about the organisations they support.
• The Hawk’s Well Theatre has considered the Statement and believe we meet the standards it sets out.
We welcome your feedback on our fundraising activity. See our Feedback and Complaints Procedure below.
As a charity seeking donations from the public, the Hawk’s Well Theatre aims to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the Hawk’s Well Theatre. We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
• Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
• Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
• Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
• Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
• Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
• Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
• Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
• Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
• Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
• Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties.
• Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
Handling Feedback and Complaints
The Hawk’s Well Theatre is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to the views of the general public and our supporters so that we can continue to improve.
Hawk’s Well Theatre welcomes both positive and negative feedback. Therefore we aim to ensure that:
• It is as easy as possible to make a complaint.
• We treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response.
• We treat it seriously whether it is made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person.
• We deal with it quickly and politely.
• We respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, and information on any action taken etc.
• We learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them at Board level.
What to do if you have feedback
If you have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact the Hawk’s Well theatre in writing or by telephone. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.
Hawk’s Well Theatre,
call: 071 916 1518
or email: email@example.com